9:00 - Session 1
- 9:00 - Welcome: Introduction of organizers and participants
- 9:10 - Activity: Ice breaker to identify connections
- 9:30 - Full paper: Creating Stable Productive CSE Software Development and Integration Processes in Unstable Environments on the Path to Exascale. Roscoe Bartlett and Joseph Frye.
- 9:50 - Full paper: An HPC perspective on generative programming. Dominic Kempf and Peter Bastian.
- 10:10 - Activity: Discussions of papers in session and collection of intermediate insights and thoughts
11:00 - Session 2 - Timo Kehrer (Chair)
- 11:00 - Full paper: Debunking the Myth that Upfront Requirements are Infeasible for Scientific Computing Software. Spencer Smith, Malavika Srinivasan and Sumanth Shankar.
- 11:20 - Full paper: Challenges for Verifying and Validating Scientific Software in Computational Materials Science. Thomas Vogel, Stephan Druskat, Markus Scheidgen, Claudia Draxl and Lars Grunske.
- 11:40 - Position paper: Towards Usability as a First-Class Quality of Scientific Software. Reed Milewicz and Paige Rodeghero.
- 11:50 - Activity: Discussions of papers in session and collection of intermediate insights and thoughts
12:30 - LUNCH
14:00 - Session 3 - Caroline Jay (Chair)
- 14:00 - Full paper: Research Software Development \& Management in Universities: Case Studies from Manchester's RSDS Group, Illinois' NCSA, and Notre Dame's CRC. Daniel S. Katz, Kenton McHenry, Caleb Reinking and Robert Haines.
- 14:20 - Short paper: Learning units-of-measure from scientific code. Matthew Danish, Miltiadis Allamanis, Marc Brockschmidt, Andrew Rice and Dominic Orchard.
- 14:30 - Short paper: Releasing Scientific Software in GitHub: A Case Study on SWMM2PEST. Xuanyi Lin, Michelle Simon and Nan Niu.
- 14:40 - Short paper: Susereum: Towards a Reward Structure for Sustainable Scientific Research Software. Omar Badreddin, Wahab Hamou-Lhadj and Swapnil S Chauhan.
- 14:50 - Activity: Discussions of papers in session and collection of intermediate insights and thoughts
15:30 - BREAK
16:00 - Session 4 - Neil Chue Hong (Chair)
- 16:00 - Activity: Adding to discussion, challenges and insights on whiteboard
- 16:20 - Activity: Visiting thoughts and challenges on whiteboard
- 16:40 - Activity: Moderated group discussion on identified points of interest
- 17:15 - Activity: Wrap-up with next steps and future direction
17:30 - END
Last Updated on May 17, 2019 by Jeffrey Carver